10.30.2014

Things I'm Loving

  • This face of victory... See belong for a long, boring story about Jack's frustrating and ridiculous eating habits. 
IMG 1339
Yesterday, Jack ate two bites of bread for breakfast. We went grocery shopping later and he begged for a slice of pizza on the way out. I bought him a piece but when we got home, he said it was yucky (because a string of cheese was sticking out). I pulled it off but it was too late - already a yucky piece. He asked for a PB&J so I made one and he immediately refused it and asked for bread and ketchup. Then he refused the bread and ketchup and asked for toast (which he didn't eat either). I thought that he would eventually cave and eat something of all the dang things on the table for him but he held out for HOURS and the later it got, the more grouchy and angry and ornery and horrible he became. I don't think he knows when he is hungry. So at 4:30, I caved and got the one specific type of pizza that he never passes up - a fresh Little Caesar's Hot-N-Ready (not leftover Little Caesars - he won't eat leftovers) He is so ridiculous. Good thing he's cute :)
  • Jack's "scarecrow" costume. I have no idea why he thinks he looks like a scarecrow when he puts stickers all over his face but that is what he claims to be :)
IMG 1340
  • BOBAS!!!!! In IOWA!!!! It is not quite as amazing as my favorite one in Arizona but it is the most comparable that I have found. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep myself from going every single day. 
IMG 1341
  • This cute article. 
"People tell you a lot about how much parenting will change your life and they’re right. But usually they mean that you won’t ever sleep in again (you won’t) and a few other things about how much we “give up” to become parents. No one tells you how much you’re going to laugh. No one tells you how much wisdom resides in these small humans, how much they will teach you about love and life and friendship and forgiveness and worship. No one tells you how good and freeing it is to leave your selfishness behind. No one tells you about recapturing your own wonder and innocence, about re-reading the Ramona books, about playing football in the basement, about birthday parties and snow days and every day beauty. All the best things I know about the big nouns and verbs of a life came back into my life because of them....

...When you have been given the tremendous gift of being able to have a baby, to give birth to that baby, to love that baby, it marks you. It should, perhaps, and so this season has marked more than just my stretched-out body, it has marked my soul."
  • Baby leg rolls!
 IMG 1342
  • Neighbor wrestling
IMG 1343
  • Jack's response when I told him that we needed to pick up Spencer at work - "NOOOO!!!! Daddy too heavy!" 
  • My new "sleep training" method since David still wakes up usually two times in the night and since nothing is working and since Jack wakes up at the crack of dawn and wakes David up (I had no idea having them share a room would be so horrific). My new sleep training method is to train myself to take a nap every single day and it's going pretty well :) I have been averaging three naps a week and I feel like a completely different person come 5 pm (when I am usually hangry and tired and unpleasant) Our house is a wreck, but I feel SANE!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! THIS!!! EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!! Annie, this is why I love you and wish we were next door neighbors. It makes me feel SO GOOD Knowing I am not the only one with a child who will eat nothing but bread and pizza sometimes and refuses everything else. THANK YOU For being REAL but still positive and seeing the humor!!!!!!! And that quote about parenthood....yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Leanne, I would LOVE to be your neighbor!!! We could feed our kids pizza every day and hang out all day and it would be awesome :)

      Delete