10.05.2014

Things I'm loving

  • The zoo! Our closest zoo is a little too far and a tiny bit not-as-cool-as-Birmingham's-zoo for me to justify getting passes this year. However, I found out that it is free on weekdays in October so we were there right on October 1st and plan on living there this month ;) We went twice last week and it was so fun!
David is 8 months old and has been to 5 different zoos - Birmingham, New Orleans, Phoenix, Salt Lake, and Niabi (in Illinois)... that's impressive!
IMG 1293
I have two different double strollers but squished them into this single... I just really love this stroller. Jack only fell out the back end twice... oops!
 IMG 1294

David had his finger up the cows nostril by the time I got to him.
 IMG 1295

Jack loved feeding the giraffes!
 IMG 1296
 IMG 1297


The baby monkey was 4 days old!!!
 IMG 1298
 IMG 1299


  • Utah State beating BYPoo in Provo! GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!
  • Sitting at home all weekend long watching conference. With Jack and David's craziness, I didn't hear much, but I loved President Uchtdorf's talk from the Priesthood Session and this quote from Cheryl Esplin's talk about the Sacrament:
"One Sunday, after her self evaluation, she began to feel gloomy and pessimistic. She could see that she was making the same errors over and over again, week to week. But then, she had a distinct impression that she was neglecting a big part of the Atonement - Christ's enabling power. She was forgetting all the times the Savior helped her be who she needed to be and serve beyond her own capacity. With this in mind, she reflected again on the previous week. She said, "A feeling of joy broke through my melancholy as I noted He had given me many opportunities and abilities. I noted with gratitude the ability I had to recognize my child's need when it wasn't obvious. I noted that on a day when I felt that I could not pack in one more thing to do, I was able to offer strengthening words to a friend. I had shown patience in a circumstance that usually elicited the opposite for me. As I thanked God for the Savior's enabling power in my life, I felt so much more optimistic toward the repentance process I was working through, and I looked to the next week with renewed hope."
  • Halloween time!!! I got a few things on clearance last year after Halloween that I was excited to put up. My mom is awesome and sent us a Halloween package that included these adorable pjs that Jack wore for two days straight. He wore them to the zoo and to the gym... it wasn't worth the fight!)
IMG 1300
 IMG 1301
It's not much, and definitely not pinterest worthy, but I'm happy I finally have some Halloween decor!
 IMG 1302
  • My quirky child who held the butter all the way home from the grocery store because he was so excited to "cook it". 
 IMG 1303
  • My baby!!!!
IMG 1304




No comments:

Post a Comment