10.01.2014

Almost three

I think that almost three is my favorite age so far. Quirks about my almost-three-year-old that I don't think I will ever forget:
  • Jack almost always wakes up sometime in the 5 o'clock hour, no matter what time he goes to bed, no matter if he takes a long nap or a short nap or no nap, no matter if it is light at five or pitch black at five... he just wakes up freaking early. He has his entire life. It's depressing but I have finally accepted it. (Maybe because he will finally watch a show by himself while we sleep a little longer) He woke up at 4:40 am yesterday morning and was cheerful and happy all day long. My mother-in-law wakes up sometime in the 4 o'clock hour every morning so I'm wondering if he has his grandma's genes? 
  • He has switched up his morning routine a bit this month and it is hilarious and frustrating. He used to always come to our room and ask for one of us to put on a show for him. Now, he wakes up, goes straight downstairs, turns on ALL of the lights, finds something in the fridge, drags a chair next to the stove, and gets "cooking". I have woken up to raw eggs cracked over the stove, butter unwrapped and placed in a pan, and sugar poured all over the stove. Spencer came back from the gym one morning this week to find him "cooking" SIX sticks of butter. It's hard to get mad when he is so proud of himself. 
IMG 1290
  IMG 1291
  • He is OBSESSED with my dad's lawn mower. He calls it a "blower" and it is his default conversation when he feels shy. A person at the gym will say hello to him and he says, "BLOWER IN GARAGE!" and they obviously have no clue what he is talking about.
  • Last week I was nursing David in their room in the middle of the night and Jack woke up. He sleepily said, "Mom, blower in garage." (This isn't new, I actually think he dreams about my dad's lawn mower at night) I didn't want him to keep David from falling back to sleep so I whispered, "Jack! Go get daddy!" He left the room and the next thing I heard was a loud, "RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I GET YOU DADDY!"
  • His six staple foods are pizza, peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and apples, grilled cheese,  donuts, and crackers. If we get anything else in his stomach it's really lucky and usually a complete fluke.
IMG 1292
  • ***POTTY TRAINING PARAGRAPH WARNING*** Jack is a very "regular" child so at least three times a day and sometimes in the middle of the night, I stand by the toilet next to Jack as he says, "Mom! Tummy hurts. I try to! Not ready. Eeee coming! Blower in garage. I try to! Tadaaaa! Look! Reeee big poop! Comes ana one! Tadaaa! Mere! I show you! Look! Cuuuuute baby poop!" And if that is not enough, I usually get a summary of the whole thing again once he is finished.
Words I will never correct:

nursery: shurshrey
yep: ZZZZZZep!
sorry: shauwy, shauwy
refrigerator: friger
delicious: DEEEEEEwishis
excuse me: cumeeeeeze
hanger: candy cane

3 comments:

  1. Mili loves to tell me all about her potty experience. Usually right when she gets back in the middle of Sacrament meeting, in between speakers when it's all quiet and she is very excited so it she tends to use her very loud voice. If you're lucky, she'll tell you all about it if the parent who took her went potty too! "Daddy pee!"

    ReplyDelete