12.01.2015

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! On Thanksgiving morning, I raced in our local Turkey Trot but Spencer BAILED on me and played in our church's no-girls-allowed Turkey Bowl... grrrrrrrr #momscanplayfootballtoo haha Actually, it was all good - Spencer's feet haven't been the same after his half marathon so 5 miles sounded miserable to him, and I was super excited to race. On Thanksgiving day, it was 50 degrees and pouring rain and I loved it! I'd take rain over freezing temperatures any day! I beat my time from last year by about a 90 seconds and was happy about that. Spencer's game started an hour before my race so he was able to meet me at the finish line and all of my bitter feelings about how he got to play football and I didn't almost went away ;)
 IMG 9593
 IMG 9592
 IMG 9591
That afternoon, we had a delicious Thanksgiving feast with great friends (and I forgot to take a single picture!) We are so lucky to have such amazing friends here in Iowa. Also, I officially decided that stuffing is my favorite Thanksgiving food.
-----------------------
Black Friday was Jack's birthday and birthday party! Jack had been talking for months about doing a "cute turtle" party (as opposed to a Ninja Turtle party - my turtle-loving boy has no interest in Ninja Turtles) but he changed his mind last month and wanted a Paw Patrol party, which was great for me because Paw Patrol is a lot easier to work with than "cute turtles" :) I even went on that scary Pinterest Place for ideas and it wasn't too scary - no panic attacks were had and it was actually pretty helpful ;)
 IMG 9588
 IMG 9586
 IMG 9590
 However, I would like to take all of the credit for the paw print cupcakes. I used Hershey's kisses and chocolate chips and I came up with that without pinterest and it is very important that I document and brag about that because it's the most creative thing that I have ever done.
 IMG 9587
Here's the birthday boy, waiting for his friends to arrive with his new birthday "cozy turtle" :)
 IMG 9585
 IMG 9589
 IMG 9584
We painted faces, pinned the badge on Chase, ate pizza and cupcakes, and played with Jack's new birthday presents. It was a blast!
 IMG 9580
 IMG 9579
 IMG 9582
 IMG 9578
 IMG 9576
Jack had no interest in his cupcakes (that he requested!), but David sure did!
 IMG 9573
 IMG 9575
 IMG 9574
The whole gang (minus Ezra)
 IMG 9583
Jack spent the afternoon playing with his new toys and facetiming family.
 IMG 9571
 IMG 9572
 After David's nap, we dropped David off at a babysitter (because he can't quite sit through an entire movie yet) and took Jack to The Good Dinosaur. It wasn't our favorite Pixar, but Jack LOVED it!
 IMG 9570
 We had such a fun day celebrating with our sweet four-year old :)
---------------------
On Saturday, we put up our Christmas decorations and went to The Festival of Trees with friends. It was fun seeing all of the decked out Christmas trees and gingerbread houses. Unfortunately, the line to sit on Santa's lap was ridiculously long so we settled for a wave and went around and met the other characters that were out wandering around.
 IMG 9567
 IMG 9568
 IMG 9569
 IMG 9564
Sending a letter to Santa - Jack wants the "Everest" paw patrol and Jack said that David wants the "Marshal" paw patrol :)
 IMG 9566  
...And now it's Christmastime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment