10.24.2012

Family visit: Atlanta

Over the weekend, we headed to Atlanta mainly to see the aquarium (the world's largest!) and to take Elizabeth to the American Girl store. We also ended up going to the World of Coca-Cola and the Varsity (also the world's largest!) drive-in restaurant.

The aquarium was awesome. Spencer was abnormally excited to see the whale sharks (they were really cool), Elizabeth got brave and touched a shark, Jack rode his stroller in every way possible other than the "regular" way, and I regretted my choice in education after the awesome dolphin show. I should have followed my childhood dreams and been a dolphin trainer.







While the boys did manly things like ride the merry-go-round and wander the mall, my mom, Elizabeth, and I enjoyed our adorable over-priced and surprisingly delicious dinner at the American Girl Doll restaurant. Elizabeth's doll got her ears pierced but we didn't totally splurge and give her a facial. (Twelve bucks!!! For a facial for a doll!!!!)


We decided last minute to stay in Atlanta over night so we could go to the World of Coca-Cola. I'm so glad we did because it was a lot of fun! 
Jack loved the Coca-cola bear and even reached for the bear to hold him.
We got to taste test Coke products from around the world. My favorite was the Bibo Pine Nut flavored soda from South Africa and the absolute worst was the Beverly from Italy. And I have no clue how I didn't get a picture of my mom loitering around the Diet Coke machine! :)

 
 We ate at the Varsity on the way home. They had below average burgers, the most amazingly delicious onion rings, and the closest thing to Lemon Custard Aggie Ice Cream possible! It tasted like pure Logan happiness.
 

1 comment:

  1. I also thought the burgers at Varsity were not so great, but it's probably because I was pregnant with Truly and could have eaten 3. They were tiny! Looks like a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete