10.23.2012

Family visit: Birmingham

My family came to visit and we had soooo much fun! We only spent a total of three days in Birmingham for the week they were here.

We first took them to the Irondale Cafe where the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes, was filmed. The food there is as foreign to me as the food I ate while in China! The restaurant is cafeteria style, and since they don't label their food, we couldn't identify at least half of the menu! I just made sure I didn't accidentally order the slow cooked pig's foot or smothered chicken livers, and ended up with fried catfish, jalapeno hushpuppies, a dinner roll, collard greens (they tasted worse than they looked, if that's even possible!) and Spencer and I split the coconut cream pie and peanut butter pie! YUM!

In Birmingham, we also went to the Boo at the Zoo, the Birmingham Temple, and all seven of us managed to eat, sleep, and play in our tiny apartment! Jack was in heaven. 


4 comments:

  1. Jack looks exactly like your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they were able to visit you! Can I just say that every picture with Elizabeth in it is my favorite! They're just so...typical. Ha ha! I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way fun! I love it when family visits! Jack is so cute! I bet he loved having your family around giving him lots of attention! :)

    ReplyDelete