10.03.2012

Running Pop Quiz

I added another blog to my stalker list. (Thanks, Alicia!) Have you ever blog stalked the Hungry Runner Girl? She blogs about her workout for the day (with pictures), her meals for the day (with pictures), her new baby (with pictures), and that is pretty much all! But I love it and I decided to take her running pop quiz she posted today, so if you don't care about the minute details of my running life, I suggest you stop reading right now. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Right now I am not training for a race long enough to need fuel, but shot bloks are my favorite and I can also choke down GU when I get them for free in my race packets.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
Half Marathon!!! I did the Top of Utah Marathon in 2009 because it was on my bucket list but it was sooo long and painful and I swore as I crossed the finish line that I would never torture my body like that again. Half marathons are my perfect distance because the distance is long enough to be challenging but not so long that it kills me dead plus training for one is way more practical than a marathon. I've never run a 10k race but I'm doing my first one in November. 
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Capris or running shorts. The problem is that I only have two pairs of spandex capris, one pair of running shorts, and a whole lot of baggy soccer shorts from high school that I really hate but have to wear during the end of the week to avoid doing laundry every third day.

4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?

I usually just drink water, but out of all the sports drinks out there, Green Squall Powerade is the best. 
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?

I did cross country in Arizona in 100+ degree weather and I did a turkey trot in Utah in 3 degree weather. They both are horrible and I prefer "just right" weather.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?

I overpronate which is a bummer because I can almost never get a good deal on the running shoes I need. The Asics 2100 series is my favorite shoe.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?

Cliff bar
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?

2 times a week
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?

Neither, I listen to Dennis Prager or conference talks or I run with a friend. The only time I listen to music is on race day.

10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?

All of the above!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yay for running, running blogs, and running pop quizes!!


3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks so much for doing the pop quiz!!! Yay for new blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you're welcome for (kind of) introducing you to her blog! She has the best and funniest posts. And I met her in person and she is just as awesome in person. I'm going to have to do this on my blog here soon, I hope you don't mind me copying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few things:
    1. Amen to your feelings on marathons. Amen.
    2. 1/2 marathons ARE the best!
    3. So glad I'm not the only person who has to wear leftover workout clothes from high school.
    4. Why don't I live near you to go running with you?
    5. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete