4.10.2012

Nat The Fat Rat

You guys, why didn't you tell me about Nat the Fat Rat?! I only started reading her blog a few months ago and she is seriously my new favorite. Like, I want to be her.

I want to write like her and live in NYC like her and be on a quest to find the best cookie in the world like her and be able to adequately express my feelings about motherhood like her, and I wish that my first blog post ever was as simple and as witty as her first blog post ever. (It's about Target, I love Target!!)

She made me want to live in New York City so badly that I made Spencer apply to graduate school at Columbia University. But Birmingham, Alabama or New York City? Really, what's the diff? At least that's what I keep telling myself...

So do yourself a favor and read Nat The Fat Rat. If you don't think you have time, give up Nienie or sleep or whatever because her blog is the best of all the blogs.


****Nat Disclaimer!!!****

I received a text from my mom this Sunday with a picture attached.

Mom: I do not recommend the natthefatrat recommended bright lip stain. I look ridiculous and a little clownish or transvestite-ish. Do not show anyone this picture!*

Mom: I took that picture in the church bathroom. Michelle helped me tone it down with some brownish lip gloss... kind of like we were in jr. high again.

To which I responded something like: What is lip stain?

Mom: Seriously, if you are as "hip" as that natthefatrat girl you can wear what ever the freak color you want on your lips. I just looked like a clown. Just ask Maddie Budge who was involved in the "intervention"in the church bathroom that was required so that I wouldn't be a distraction to my own young women's lesson third hour! You ask, "what is lip stain anyway?" It is exactly what it says it is. It is a paint-on-a-pencil that stains your lips so that you can't even rub it off if you want to. Thus, you end up with an even brighter red tone from scrubbing!"

So the bright lip stain... only if you're "hip" like Nat.



*I really badly wish I could show you the picture, but I think my mom would kill me.

5 comments:

  1. love her blog as well. just stumbled on your blog, really enjoyed your "about section", definitely can relate to the blog stalking haha! just beginning a blog myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bless your poor mom's heart! that is so funny and i feel wholly responsible!! i am sure the brown lip gloss helped a bunch. hahaha, i feel awful! umm, but this post was so so so so sweet and thank you so much! you're completely adorable. and alabama sounds like a completely wonderful place... maybe? ;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, her blog is fabulous! so funny about the lip stain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, you aren't allowed to blog so much (except you totally are and should) because I love reading your blog! it cracks me up every time.

    Alabama is gonna be so legit, you should go on a hunt for the best fried chicken...
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbling across your blog has been the best thing that's happened to me today, and also eating a slice of cinnamon bread.

    ReplyDelete