4.12.2012

No fb or blogging + Nienie's book + Nat's comment + fried chicken

Sometimes I set tiny goals during the day for myself; just little things to keep me checking things off my "to do" list. For example, I often set the timer on my oven to see how much of the house I can get cleaned in a certain amount of time.

Yesterday, my goal was to not get on facebook or blogger for the whole day, even when nursing, and it was terribly pathetic how difficult it was for me. I did it though, and at the end of the day I proudly bragged about it to Spencer. He responded, "I don't think it counts because you read almost all of Nienie's book today. Isn't that like one amazing, giant blog post?"

How dare he!!!
(But seriously, it was!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. The Natalie Holbrook commented on my last blog post about her! When I saw it, I screamed, "Spencer!!! Nat The Fat Rat just commented on my blog post!!!" And do you know what he said?! "So... who is that?" And do you know what I said?! "Spencer, this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me since I was in paparazzi pictures with Kelly Clarkson and you don't even care!"

In Spencer's defense, he really does make an attempt to care or at least understand my love for blog stalking.
In the past he's asked:

"Wait, so Nienie and C. Jane are sisters?"

And sarcastically, "So how is Steoffrey Language doing today!?"

My fascination with the tiny little details of friend's lives and stranger's lives are about as boring to him as his dumb nature and survival shows are to me.

And I guess that's just fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.P.S. In response to that same blog post, my friend suggested that in Alabama I should go on a hunt for the best fried chicken!!! (You know, since I can't be on a quest to find the best cookie in NYC, like Nat?) She is a genius!!!

But how come fried chicken in Birmingham just does not sound as tasty as chocolate chip cookies in NYC?

2 comments:

  1. First of all I'm glad you posted about Nat The Fat Rat.... I have been reading her blog this morning... love it! And in my opinion you are pretty much a celebrity now that you have a picture with Kelly Clarckson AND Nat The Fat Rat commented on your blog. I envy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie!! So I just noticed you have a "Live Traffic Feed" on the bottom of your blog page. Just wanted to give you a heads up that person from "Santa Ana, California" that arrived through Brooke's blog... yeah that was me! haha Dang internet proxy makes it look like I am in California instead of China!!!!! Sounds like your little family is doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete